Business Development Centre (BDC)
South Deep is committed to connecting entrepreneurs in host communities with appropriate opportunities that arise at the Mine from time to time. The Business Development Centre (BDC) located at South Shaft, is designed to facilitate the process of communicating these opportunities and guiding SMMEs to register on a supplier database.
The BDC services for host community-based entrepreneurs include the following:
- Assisting new SMMEs to register their companies as potential suppliers of goods and services
- Updating contact and service details on the Local Community Enterprise Portal
- Registering enterprises for potential SMME Training and Development opportunities
- Introducing new local entrants into the South Deep Supplier Database
- A range of local community SMME development, business support and advisory services
- Responding to general business-related enquiries
Documentation required for registration
SMMEs wanting to make use of the BDC’s services to register their enterprise on the database are requested to provide the following information:
Database Registration Requirements for Enterprises
- A valid e-mail Address
- A Company Certificate (CIPC registration certificate)
- Certified ID Copy (and copies)
- Proof of physical address (Such as a utility bill)
- A business profile that includes trade references or a business plan
- A Tax Clearance Certificate
- Banking details for the company (proof of business bank account)
- B-BBEE Certificate or EME Affidavit
- Any other company certificate (s) relevant to the product or service you provide, such as CIDB, FSB, NOSA, PSIRA, COIDA, NHBRC
The BDC is situated at South Deep Gold Mine, South Shaft next to the Engagement Centre.
Operating hours are from Monday to Friday, from 07:00 to 16:00
- Expression of Interest process registration:
Click here for an explanation of the process to register an Expression of Interest.
Vendor Numbers are only issued once a potential supplier has been awarded business with South Deep, this is not required for registration of Expression of Interests (EOIs).